Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How I met your mother follow up

Everything written in the previous post is true for the most part.  However, at that time, I was tired of dating the wrong women.  Each woman I encountered had something a little off about her.  There was always one little qwerk that happened to be a "deal breaker".  Examples: Worship choices, lack of evolving style, and self esteem issues.  I'm sure you're questioning the concept "lack of evolving style".  Women always question why men talk to them when they're not looking up to par.  Women should take these experiences as a complement.  If he thinks you're gorgeous while you're not at your best, the general mindset is that it can only get better from here when you're trying to look good. BTW, self esteem issues are not always "deal breakers".  Dwelling on past events that lower self esteem is a "deal breaker".(Side note)
However,  we are newly weds.   there are times when I watch this woman get dressed and I feel like the luckiest man in the world.  (Even if it does take 5 hours).  There are other times when I feel like putting a muzzle on her mouth and setting the release timer.  (I kid, I kid) 
We are from two different places.  We are learning how to grow together and understand the other's belief system.  The funniest thing about this whole process are the people that we encounter.  It's similar to when we were in college, and everyone you talked to asked you "how's school'.  The generic response was "it's fine".  You could be going through all hell at the moment, and wouldn't let on to anything being wrong.  Well, married life is similar.  All of your single friends ask "how's married life", as if I'm going to respond with negative aspects.  However, the genuine individuals will ask to gain insight into situations in their own life.  We're having fun.  We're going to go through something things.  But this is the best move I ever made.

Branden

1 comment: