Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How do men know?

I have friends that are contemplating marriage. They are darn near on the brink of preparation to propose. These are good guys. They love their women, and they can be trusted to do the right thing in most* situations. I'm 28, and love being married. If you know my wife, you also know there is never a dull moment in our household.
However, these guys are asking me, "how did you know it was time"? Here is a secret ladies, we contemplate the possibilities at first sight. Some guys play very aggressive, and some sit back and observe. However, here is the order:
  • Visual
  • Communication
  • Personality

First we look at your appearance and how you carry yourself. Second, a five minute conversation is usually all that it takes to gain interest. From there, we gage compatibility based on personalities.

Here is a another secret, it doesn't take a man long to make his interest known. He may not show it in the way that you desire. He may not know your love language yet. However, he will make his interest known. At week 2, he knows how far he wants to take the relationship. This may be shocking information, but it's not brain surgery. That doesn't mean that you wait two weeks and ask the man what he is thinking. In his way, he starts treating you the way HE thinks his woman should be treated. At this point, wheels are in motion and future possibilities are being discovered mentally.

My turning point for know that Torrie was the one came very quickly. After about 4 weeks, I couldn't wait to talk to her on the phone. I would wait for her free nights and weekends to hit so I could call and stay on the phone with her until 3 in the morning. It felt like I was in middle school, and my girlfriend went to another school. We only saw each other on the weekend. I was upset when Sunday left, and Friday didn't come fast enough. I realized once she moved to Birmingham, that I didn't remember life before her. That's deep because it had not been a long courtship. However, the turnaround was right in line with God's timing and the purity of the relationship was evident by the smell of spring in the air.

Women, he will come to you. If he wants you, he will do what is necessary to obtain you. Be smart. Don't fall for ignorance, however recognize sincerity.

The Love Guru

2 comments: