Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The incredible, unedible egg

Torrie usually rises before I do.  So this week she has been eating eggs for protein.  I think it's great that she works out at 5 in the morning.  I think it's awesome that she has added energy throughout the day due to her diligence.  However, on Monday she went out to eat with friends and I stayed home to clean.  I became hungry, so I decided to fix an egg sandwich.  I opened the carton of eggs and there are three empty egg shells in the carton.  As I'm preparing the meal she walks in the door.  I call her over to the kitchen and pointed at the carton.  She apologizes and says "I'm sorry, my mama did it, and I started the habit as well."  This isn't the first time we've had the conversation about the egg shells.  However, I now have a medium to discuss my unbelief. 
This morning I go to boil a couple of eggs for breakfast and to my surprise, I find three more empty egg shells.  We had this conversation on Monday, it is now Wednesday.  Additionally there is only one egg left in the carton.  Did I mention that I found this out after I started filling the pot with water?  Now after this post, she will probably forth and mention things that I do that she is aggravated with as well.  For example, hair in the sink, leaving the toilet seat up, and etc.  I am well aware of these faults and I am working toward becoming a better man. 
However, don't trick me into to thinking I have eggs and break my heart when I find out the carton is empty.  It's like finding out Santa Clause isn't real all over again.

Branden

5 comments:

  1. too funny!! ya'll ate too cute! Keep up the good work Torrie w/ the protein and working out!!! TAB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torrie you aren't crazy......I do that too!!!! My momma did it....her momma did it...and now I'm doing it!! Sorry Branden.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Branden, kill yo self! I aint the only one! Get you a new pet peeve~
    Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torrie I am inclined to agree reluctantly with your hubby....the disappointment of going to the frige checking for eggs, carton is there but no eggs...booo...Hubby wins this time...sorry..Deadra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deidra! It was one egg left! Geez

    ReplyDelete