Thursday, February 10, 2011

Japan Bound


~ I could have used Mr McCain's last post as a reason to go into my spill about stuff he does around the house that makes me wanna take off running into a brick wall....However, I'm a bigger person and will save that for another day. (2 points for me!)  I have other important stuff to discuss.

I met Holly through my now soror Amanda in the spring of 2005. We became fast friends when she transferred to UA in the fall. I immediately loved being around her because she was so positive, optimistic, always full of joy and could she the light in any situation. The next year in August, I gave my life to Christ and got baptized. My family didn't really go to church growing up so I had no idea what to do next. Holly grabbed my hand and showed me how to walk this thing out. The more she taught me, the more I understood where her joy came from and how she could always stay hopeful....~"The world did not give to me so the world can't take it away".~ Without her teaching me about God and his son Jesus, I don't know where I would be. I am so grateful that her family gave her that knowledge so she could make it known to me. If Holly's family is not sure of anything else in the world, they should know that they molded her into an awesome human being.


**REMEMBER WHEN**
...I went to the Kappa party during homecoming with my boot on
...you thought you the couch was swallowing you
...we went to all the football games!! Roll Tide!!
...me and Chrishauna came to eat at your apt and we ate all the rice
...Judy demonstrated Tyra's bobble head while we were in Bryce Lawn
...Grandma Bett cooked us shrimp, chicken and fries at midnight
...you hated me singing "Show Stoppin'"
...Victoria would eat one fry and make us feel fat
...I bought the coloring books so we could take a mental break from boys
...I had those frames piled up broken in one corner in my living room...."Wanna talk about it?"
...you bawled when I told you the military would be good for you
...Josh referred to someone as "geek gone greek"
...we saw the Flava Flav look alike on the strip
...you scrapped me off the floor when I didn't make line the first time
... you realized Ryan was "The One"

Holly, you and me have been through alot of storms together. But it's all sunshine and rainbows with Mr Wonderful! I will admit that I am kinda sad to see you go but I am so excited about what God is going to do through you and FOR YOU! The both of you are world changers! You and Ryan have been called to touch the nations. Remember God does not send everyone but He has handpicked you...."Hollery, we're gonna miss you~!" Don't cry ;)

Torrie





No comments:

Post a Comment