Friday, February 4, 2011

Heaven Sent

Branden is not like any other man I've dated. He's funny, *Handsome*, hard working, and soooo sweet. (Ego Stroke!) I am not kidding when I say my husband's cooking hangs with Grandma, Auntie, and nem! He cleans...He listens... He consoles... He TOLERATES ME! (It's not easy at times) He gets me. Branden lets me do my thang and doesn't try to change who I am. He used to look at me crazy when I talked to myself and screamed randomly but now he doesn't even bat an eye. He motivates me....Branden makes me a better person. He makes me want to do better than the day before.
Everything I mentioned about Branden is great. But there is one thing he does that nothing else compares to. He prays for me. I remember a couple of months into us dating, I texted Branden and told him "Thank you for praying for me. I feel the walls coming down." I was on my way to work. Me and a couple of co workers were commuting at the time and I just felt a sense of peace about us. Branden asked how I knew he was praying and I responded "Daddy told me."
Our pastor said that no one can pray for your spouse the way that you can. You two are now one.  When we bow our heads and touch in agreement, I feel the doors of heaven open up. It can be for guidance, healing, reassurance or whatever. After he does, I feel hopeful and so blessed that I have married  a man that knows the power of prayer. I am thankful that Branden prayed for me "then"....because he did, we have a "now".

James 5:16 "
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Torrie

No comments:

Post a Comment