Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choosy

At the beginning of every year, my church does a 21 day fast. It's the Daniel Fast; no meat, bread, etc. Basically you alot of veggies, grains and fruit. The first 5 or so days, I'm pretty angry. Mad because I'm hongry!!! (Yes, I meant to spell it that way). We pray for the city, other churches, family and friends, the nations, and yourself. Afterwards, my mind is clearer, I can hear God's voice clearly and I'm skinner.
At the beginning of 2009, I decided I was tired of the dating game and I was ready to settle down. During the fast, I prayed for my husband. I told him that I loved him and that I missed him and I couldn't wait to spend forever with him :) Remember, I had not met Branden face to face yet. I told everybody close to me that I my husband was about to find me. What I didn't know was 50 miles away during the same fast, Branden was praying for me. We were praying for each other. We had the same vision, same hope and dream... a family. By the end of the year, Branden and I were engaged. I am blessed that even before Branden and I shared a meal together, he was getting himself ready for me and being faithful to God.
All that brings me to the topic. A friend I grew up with has been dating a guy for 3 years. For two of those years, things were basically on his terms. When he was angry, they were angry. When he didn't want to talk, they did not talk, etc. She got tired and broke up with him. Eight months later, he's ready to be together. He's open-minded, willing to sacrifice and ready to settle down. It's been four months since he got his mind right and is ready to come back. Yet, she doesn't know if it's enough. She was ready to be with him forever years ago and now that they have and sometime apart she's not sure if he's "The One". Also, some of her family and friends are in her ear telling her 'He's a great guy now! Get over the past!"
Readers: What does this situation say about our male and female counterparts? ..Do you get the choice to choose or you do you have to be chosen?

6 comments:

  1. Well I choose to be chosen.....



    Mori Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other words Its my choice to allow you to choose me but I must first choose.


    Mori Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding my friend Mori, what should she do? She thought they were choosing one another....and they were in a sense. But he wanted to do his own thing. Should she be happy that he has chosen her now that he's finally on some act right?

    Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing- to select from a number of possible alternatives; decide on and pick out.

    Chosen- One who is the object of Choice.

    I think she should choose. Listen to no one but herself and God. She should lay everything out and decide if this is the man that "GOD" has CHOSEN for her. If so .....Choose to be Chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing whimsical or endearing to say. I just have experience. Tell your friend.... DONT DO IT! It seems as though she is in an "must act quickly" situation (SN:God doesnt work that way), so my quick answer is.. If she doesn't KNOW if he is the one, then he's NOT the one.

    ReplyDelete